Dolors Clavell Nadal
Owner of Clavell Consulting, S.L.
Since 1997, free professional practice. Practising attorney, specialized in Administrative Law.
Postgraduate Diploma in Urban and Real-State Law Pompeu Fabra University, 1992.
Licensed in Law, University of Barcelona, 1986-1991.
Dolors Clavell CV
Lawyer, specialized in the fields of the administrative law and public procurement as well as environment, urbanism and renewable energy. She works on legal defense, legal assistance and legal advice for public and private entities.
Professor in several University master’s and postgraduates.
Adviser on the regeneration and transformation process of the historic urban district between the years 1988 and 1997.
Consultant with technical cooperation teams in several Latin American countries.
Member of Parliament in the Catalan Parliament from 2003 to 2010. She held the Environment and Housing Commission presidency and took part of the Territorial Politics and Public Works, Justice, Health, Women Rights and economic globalization commissions.
Rapporteur in several autonomic laws such as the 2010 Right to Housing Law (for which she was the promoter, member of the developing team and rapporteur); the Environment Evaluation Law; the Public Works Law; the Urban Development for Wronged Urbanizations Law; Districts Development Law. Specialist adviser in state laws as well such as the 2007 Land Law.
Membership of Basque Country University “Idea Lab” on urban development and dwelling challenges network.
Author of several specialized publications and articles. Among them: “Participation and urban planning”; “The law of the right to housing, in perspective”; “An innovative housing policy: the experience of Catalonia”; “Comments on the Urban Planning Law of Catalonia”; “Procedures for the protection of urban legality.”
Civil servant on voluntary unpaid leave.
- Legal defence for the La Palma de Cervelló City Council, in front the enforcement of a judgment about an expropriation procedure and an objection to the municipal budget.
- Legal advising to the Figueres City Council about public procurement. Bidding process for the collection of solid urban waste, road cleaning, management and maintenance services of the recycling plant.
- Legal defence of the Sant Esteve de Sesrovires City Council in a issue against the Martorell City Council for the distribution of the SEAT’s IAE tax fees.
- Legal Advising in public procurement for a Special Centre of Employment about the scope of the reserved contracts in the current legislation and bidding criteria and execution of contracts.
- Legal advising and preparation of an expert opinion about regularization strategies for housing states with urban insufficiencies. Sant Pere de Ribes Council.
- Barcelona Regional. Study on the generation of protected housing in consolidated urban land.
- Spanish Castilla-la Mancha’s draft bill for housing regulations.
- Balear Government’s legal advice for the drafting of housing regulations in the islands.
- Valencian government counselling and advising on the development of the process for hounsing policies participatory budgeting.
- Coordination and monitoring of Barcelona 2016.
- Barcelona City Council. Counselling and advising on Energy poverty best practices.
- Banc Sabadell’s social network managing agency. Social benefits map of vulnerable people. Municipaland autonomic research.
- Terrassa City council’s advisingon the Green Ring, land protected from urban development.
- Counselling for diverse public and private entities on proceedings related with energy efficiency and the introduction of renewable energy: installation solar panels or biomass boilers, contracts with Empresas Servicios Energéticos for the public lighting, renting operations, preparations for actions of energy production for self-consumption. Procedures of public procurement for this activities.
- Assessment in environmental projects: registration information on environmental characteristics of buildings; Energy Certifications; technical inspection of buildings; Voluntary Market for CO2 Transactions.
- Counselling for public and private entities in diverse conflicts of town planning, grants of public domain, administrative contracting, management of residues, environmental conflicts, asset liability.
- Development of procedures of public procurement and protection of urban law.
- Legal defense in courthouse. Administrative-contentious appeal in public procurement issues, urban planning, and development and implementation of Speech and administrative expropriation Tributos municipal Ordenanzas and several Reglamentos.
- Regular collaboration with other law firms and architects in diverse themes. Assessment to the College of Property Registrars of Catalonia in various urban and environmental aspects. Registry, cadastral and urban planning coordination.
- Assessment to the College of Property Registrars of Catalonia in various urban and environmental aspects. Registry, cadastral and urban planning coordination.
- International Consultant in various projects in Latin America, resulting from convened by the Inter-American Development Bank: Peru, Argentina, Costa Rica, Paraguay, Bolivia. Projects relative to urban regeneration, organizational and administrative management and specific regulations improvements.
- Palau Solita i Plegamans City Council’s external advising on housing plans. 2015 Urban developin plan.
- Advice work on Electric Systems. Current regulations and privacy laws. European regulations.
- Energy efficiency plans and public procurement laws related to street lighting.
- Development of various specialized studies, among others: Renting as a mechanism to engage actions on energy efficiency; Participation and Urban Planning; The management of the urbanization: the problem of the cessions; Study on alternative run of homes beyond the property or rent; The admitted uses in the real state in PGM in Barcelona.
- Assessment to Lleida City Council and the municipal society “Municipal Enterprise for the Urban Planning of Lleida” in issues of management and recovery of the historical city centre and housing. Development of the bylaws of the Agenda 21 Foundation of Lleida.
- Legal defense of Sociedad Red Eléctrica de España SA (Endesa) in several administrative-contentious conflicts after the installation of high-voltage lines.
- Co-writing of several urban plans, among others: The Can Puiggener Special Plan of Sabadell, Historical-Artistic Heritage Special Protection Plan of Premià de Mar, Special Plan of the Barça-2000 Project; Modifications of the P.E.R.I. Eastern Sector of the Historic Centre of Barcelona, for the adaptation as annex to the Born Market - Barcelona Public State Library.
Lectures and debate meetings (last 10 years)
2019 Introduction session to the study about the effective ways of intervention in buildings for a comprehensive rehabilitation: management of majorities (a civil and urban approach). Mar de Energía plan, part of the Madrid City Council’s MARES project.
2019 Introduction session to the study about the effective ways of intervention in buildings for a comprehensive rehabilitation: financing the rehabilitation. Mar de Energía plan, part of the Madrid City Council’s MARES project.
2018 Speaker at Catalonia Energy Congress 2018.
2018 Participant Seminar of new Spanish public contracting law. Diputación Huesca.
2018 Speaker at Cooperativism Conference organized by Podemos Comunidad de Madrid.
2017 Speaker at Conference: Ideas for future housing policies. University Complutense Madrid and Podemos Parliamentary Group.
2017 Speaker at Commemorative 10 years catalan housing law. University of Barcelona and DESC Observatory.
2017 Participant Work team BCN42, Agenda for a Cosmopolitan and Metropolitan Barcelona.
2017 Speaker at Cooperative working day about housing in El Prat de Llobregat.
2017 Formative session on The cooperative of cession of use his municipal impulse, organised by the Deputation Barcelona.
2017 Training session on Offical Protected Housing (VPO): Public Policies and Development in Catalonia, in the training cycle of the Center Cívic Association, in Barcelona.
2017 Participant in the Conference “Acces to electricity consumption data” organized by the Catalana Competition Authority (ACCO INFORMA), in Barcelona.
2017 Member of the rondtable “More than a home”, conference on Housing and Cooperatives, organized by the Workers Housing Cooperative in Prat de Llobregat (Barcelona).
2017 Speaker of the seminar “The intervention in the neighboring communities”. Provincial government of Barcelona.
2016 Expert member of the commitee for Housing innovation. Barcelona City Hall.
2016 Speaker at the Congress “El Baix Llobregat debate”. Equity communication: housing rights.
2016 Speaker at the “Urban and Terriorial planning”discussion table. Debate “Fitting of the Baix Llobregat area in its environmental surroundings”.
2016 Speaker and moderator at the Catalunya Energy Congress
2016 Speaker of “Models of acces to housing based on de common law: the right of use” during the conference organized by union ENTREPATIOS i OIKOOP, Madrid.
2015 Fila 0, chairwoman for the discussion “Energy refurbishing’s economy and government” organised by the Architect Association of Barcelona, AUS Catalunya.
2015 Presentation of her own Study, in collaboration with Mr. Javier Burón and Iker San Román: Strategies and municipal actions to mobilise provate housing stock towards affordable offers. Provincial government “Diputacio de Barcelona”.
2015 Spaker at “100% intelligent, efficient and renewable cities” conference organised by the Barcelona’s renewable energies Fundation.
2015 Member and speaker of the Scientists Committee on the 2nd Energy Congress of Barcelona.
2015 Speaker at the III Envioronmental and Local worl forum. Provincial government of Barcelona.
2014 Attendant at the 1st National Congress, Rubí Brilla, for the Energetic Model Change.
2014 Attendant at the congress “Strategies for the visibility of empty hosing and posterior stocking” organised by the Catalan Associagtion of town halls and Barcelona City Hall.
2014 Attendance at the 2014 Borough Congress: The impact of the LRSAL on service provider and competence regimes of the towns. Organized by Fundació Ernest Lluch and Forum Civic.
2014 Participating in the Catalan Energy Congress.
2014 Speaking at the session “Towards a new energy model, current and potential situation, strategies in defense of renewable energy”, organized by the College of Architects of Catalonia.
2014 Ponent en Jornada Taller d’apadrinament en compra d’energia verda, organitzada per la Xarxa de ciutats i pobles cap a la sostenibilitat.
2014 Speaking at the Seminar Workshop on sponsorship in purchasing green energy, organized by the Network of cities and towns towards sustainability.
2014 Participating in the Conference on the new energy model, organized by the Foundation Renovables.
2014 Speaking at the Seminar “How to address the lack of social housing”, organized by Terrassa City Council.
2014 Speaking at the Seminar “Practical experiences with self-consumption solar installations”, organized by the CIRCUTOR entity.
2014 Speaker at the I-PB DIDSOLIT Conference, European project organized by the Autonomous University Barcelona, BEG-Group and Ese. Topic presented: “National and European regulatory framework for distributed renewable energy generation and consumption”
2014 Speaker: Congress on Energy self-consumption, organised by SOM ENERGIA.Barcelona and Madrid.
2013 Participating in the Catalan Energy Congress.
2013 Speaking at the Seminar “Legal aspects in the regulation of electric power consumption. Recent regulatory changes” Organized by the Som Energia SCCP entity.
2013 Speaker and Moderator Session “The effects of the crisis in housing and communities of neighbors”, organized by the New Horizons Foundation and the Foundation Alternative.
2013 Speaking at the Seminar “Rehabilitation, motor of the property sector”, organized by the College and Association of Realtors, with parallel participation in the Barcelona Meeting Point.
2013 Participant in the Copenhagen Conference, 20-20-20 RESCOOP. Programme of the European Commission, with the aim of promoting renewable energy through cooperative models and citizen participation.
2013 Participant on the debate: Renewable Foundation Debate on the energy model in Spain.
2013 Participant in the Session on energy consumption, organized by Collective CMES.
2013 Participant in the Session “Energy and Social Transition in Catalonia”, organized by Collective CMES.
2013 Participant in the Session debate on amendment Coastal Law. Barcelona Bar Association.
2013 Participant in the course “Energy saving, energy management and individualization of consumption in communities of owners.” Organized by Professional School Estate Administrators Madrid.
2013 Speaker at the Conference “Evictions and foreclosures: Instruments to redirect the current social”, organized by the College and Association Realtors.
2012-2013 Participant in the Sessions “Environmental Forum in La Pedrera: viable future? Economy, society and environment.”
2012 1st Immoscopia Seminar. Reinventing the real estate sector. Associations organized by College and estate agents.
2012 Participant in the First National Conference Housing Chair Zaragoza.
2012 Speaker at International Energy Forum. Mexico City. Organized by the National Autonomous University of Mexico. Paper: “Energy and citizen role”.
2012 Speaker at the conference “Green Economy”. Presentation International Labour Organization report around the relationship between jobs and fair transition to a green economy. Sant Joan Despi.
2012 Intervention and moderation of the debate around “Justice and crisis.” Management Responses of justice to the needs of citizens in time of crisis.
2011 Speaker at the Forum of Housing and Employment, organized by the Youth Council of Spain: “The right to housing”.
2011 Rapporteur and speaker at the seminar “Technical analysis of the Draft Law on Basque Housing”, organized by the University of the Basque Country.
2011 Lecture “Mortgaged Families and evicted: who pays the party?” Within the Progressive Summer University of Catalonia.
2011 Row 0 in debate on the Fukushima crisis and nuclear energy, Barcelona Bar Association.
2010 Session Pinós City Hall, on the catalog of goods to protect and catalog farmhouses and cottages.
2010 Speaker at Conference on Urban Planning and Territory in the metropolitan area of Barcelona, organized by City of Sabadell.
2010 Speaker session on “Urban Development and Transparency”, Barcelona Provincial Council.
2010 Participating as an expert in the First Laboratory of Ideas: Trends, Challenges and Opportunities for Urban Development and Housing Policies. Group Ekiten-thinking studies at the University of the Basque Country
2009 Reporter and assistant moderator ongoing public housing and land policies in a context of economic and financial crisis. Summer University of the Basque Country.
2009 Speaker Conference Law 6/2009, environmental assessment of plans and programs organized by the Bar Association of Barcelona.
2009 Speaker at Day of Reflection on the environmental assessment of urban planning: challenges and opportunities of its application, organized by the Association of Environmentalists of Catalonia.
Academic activity (last 10 years)
Teacher in University Masters and Postgraduate.
Research and debate session about the applicable legislation to the comprehensive rehabilitation of buildings from the energetic efficiency. More relevant needs in the housing association and principals conditionings. Legal and administrative perspective from the land law and urban planning.
Research and debate session about the applicable legislation to the comprehensive rehabilitation of buildings from the energetic efficiency. Creation of a more suitable financial instrument.
Professor in the Public competition course for architects in the Pubic Administration. The association of Architects of Barcelona.
Training session in legal and jurisprudential treatment of the gender perspective in urban planning for the Colectivo Punt 6.
Professor in the Master in urban planification, sustainability and global charming Polytechnic University of Barcelona. Management course and urban politics: Housing versus tourist accommodations.
Master urban planning, sustainability and climate change University Politècnica Barcelona. Management, governance and urban policies course: Housing versus tourist accommodations.
Course “The current remains of urbanism”, by RDU, in Mollet del Vallés (Barcelona).
Master teacher law and públic economic law at ESADE. Class: Public and market needs.
Master degree in Urban plannig, sustainability and cliemate change. Administration, management and housing policies. Housing versus tourist use. Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
Master degree in Urban planning and sustainability. Administration, management and housing policies. Housing policies instruments. Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
Course in Urban plannig Law. Diputació de Barcelona.
Master Laboratory Housing in the XXI Century, of the Polytechnic University of Catalonia - Higher Technical School of Architecture of Barcelona.
Master in urban and territorial development of the Polytechnic University of Barcelona - Higher Technical School of Architecture of Vallés.
Master in Management and Urban and Real Estate Management at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
Master of Anthropology URV.
Master in urban management and assessment of the Polytechnic University of Catalonia. Master in urban planning and sustainability.
Postgraduate Diploma “Law of city and country planning”, University Pompeu Fabra.
Postgraduate Diploma in Real Estate and Urban Planning, University Pompeu Fabra.
Master in Urban Management from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
Seminar “Housing and the Catalan society in the XXI century”, University of Barcelona and the Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
Course for Architects of small municipalities, the Association of Architects of Girona.
Articles and publications
2019 Article in collaboration with the Newslater Política y Prosa n.º 4, about City and Urban Housing.
2018 Article Laws of housing in the Spanish State, in Book “La llei del dret a l'habitatge de Catalunya: Deu anys de vigència. Balanç i futur”. Edició Thomson-Reuters. Coordinació Institut TransJus i Observatori DESC.
2018 Article “The role of the norms in model changes”. Congress of Energy of Catalonia.
2018 Article “Town planning and citizen security”. Perspective magazine no. 12.
2018 Article “Housing laws in Spain”. (Pending publication DESC Observatory).
2015 Publication “Strategies and municipal actions to mobilize the private housing stock towards the offter for affordable housing” Co-authors: Jabier Burón and Iker San Román.
2015 Article for the magazine:”Economic Alternative: Som Energía, instrument for social innovation”.
2014 The challenge of sensitive rehabilitation. Immoscòpia Journal of Colleges and Association of Realtors of Catalonia. No.06 - May 2014.
2014 What’s on with renewable energies? Article for the magazine Agrocultura.
2014 Jurists and city conquests. Article for the magaziner Economic Alternatives, co-authored with Daniel and Piet Holtrop.
2013 Lessons on forced rent. El País, 10 may 2013.
2011 The Omnibus Law and housing. El País, 14 june 2011.
2011 “The new environmental assessment of plans and programs” within the framework of the publication The environmental assessment of urban planning debate, published by the Association of Environmentalists of Catalonia.
2009 Magazine Article Technical and Economic and Social Council of Catalonia. “The law of housing rights perspective”.
2009 Article Health and Neighborhoods, in the special issue “Invisible neighborhoods” New Horizons Magazine No. 195.
2008 Article for “El Punt” newspaper. “Housing: there was bubble” Co-editor of the Book “Comments on the special municipal regime Barcelona” directed by Andrés Betancor and published by Editorial Thomson-Civitas.
2008 Participant of the publication “Character Catalonia. 19 volume. The real estate momentum, “edited by historian Angel Font-Publi Corinti S.L.
2008 Article “most relevant aspects of the new law of the right to housing and its impact on mediation activity”. Magazine January-March 2008 Real Property Agents Association of Barcelona.
2007 Article “An innovative housing policy: the experience of Catalonia”. ACE Magazine - Architecture, City and Environment. No. 5 to October 2007. Monograph special. The process of emancipation of young people from a social, economic, labor and housing market.
2007 Article “The right to housing: legislative proposals,” emerged from the conference on urban law and housing rights, organized by the School of Public Administration Department Catalonia and environment and housing.
Parliament activity as a MP
Elected member of the Parliament of Catalonia, from November 2003 to November 2010.
Chairwoman of the Environment and Housing Committee. Member of the following Committees: Territorial Policy and Public Works; Health; Women’s rights (also Secretary of the Bureau); Law, Justice and Public Safety, and Study on the globalization of the economy.
Responsible in environmental issues, planning, urban development, infrastructure and housing in the parliamentary group.
Speaker and/or Special Rapporteur on various Catalan Laws, among others:
Law 26/2010, law and procedures for public administrations.
Law 14/2009, airports, heliports and other airport infrastructures.
Law 13/2009, of the Housing Agency of Catalonia.
Law 06/2009, environmental assessment of plans and programs.
Law 03/2009, Improvement of urbanitzacions with urban development deficits.
Law-Decree 01/2007, of urgent measures in urban matters.
Law 18/2007, of the right to housing in Catalonia.
Law 03/2007, of public works.
Law 07/2006, on the practice oflicence occupation and professionals associations.
Law 05/2006, of Book V of the Civil Code of Catalonia on real rights.
Law 04/2005, of appeals against the qualifications of Property Registrars.
Law 10/2004, amendment of Law 02/2002 town planning, to promote affordable housing, territorial sustainability and local autonomy.
Law 02/2004, neighborhood improvement, urban areas, villages and towns that require special attention.
In 2007, an active participant in the technical discussion with the Ministry of Housing, Government of Spain around the new text of the Land Law 8/2007.
Member of the Commission of Inquiry into the events in connection with the accident of Carmel (tunnel collapse, construction of metropolitan transport line L5 Barcelona).